Friday, October 23, 2020

Why is my internet so slow?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ramesh Paudel

I can’t even watch YouTube videos sometimes. Why is my internet so slow? Can anyone explain the reasons for slow internet connection?

Rajan Paudel

There are many reasons that can make your Internet connection slow. You might have a problem with with your modem or router, Wi-Fi signal, signal strength on your cable line, devices on your network or even a slow DNS server.

Rajan Paudel

If your internet is slow only during peak hours, it is normal. You should contact your isp to fix this issue as the isp must allocate more bandwidth to your area.

If there are many users or devices in your network, the bandwidth gets divided among all the users. This might also make your internet speed slow.

Mark

Well first of all make sure that you are getting the internet speed that isp has allocated to you. If you have subscribed to a slow internet plan, nothing can be done to increase the speed. You have to upgrade your internet plan in order to enjoy faster internet connection.

Other reasy for slow internet can be Sometimes, isps limit the speed due to fair usage policy. If this is the case, you will notice a very slow internet connection as they throttle the speed of your internet connection.

Pratik Sharma

Here are some reasons why you might have very slow internet connections:

1. You are using a cheap Router.
    2. The wifi or mobile network signal is weak.
    3. You are on a slow internet plan. If this is the case, you have to upgrade your plan.
    4. You have placed your router in a wrong place.
    5. Background programs are consuming all your bandwidth.

Well, there are many other reasons why your internet speed might be very slow.

If you can’t fix it yourself, call the customer service. Tell them that you have a very slow internet connection. They should be able to fix your slow internet connection problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.