Sunday, October 25, 2020

Anyone else feel like there being watched or monitored using one of these boxes?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    androidtvbox
    Participant

Anyone else feel like there being watched or monitored using one of these boxes? I got one of these off Ebay shipped from china and it came with a bunch of bloatware preinstalled and the screen glitches quite a bit…๐Ÿค”

Manny Araujo

Depends . But pictures would help. Lol..๐Ÿ˜‚

Jan van den Eeden

I have 4 different boxes, all from China, after installing paid antivirus software from my internetprovider nรฉver found virusses or other mallware, sometimes 3-4 apps were mentioned by the software that they COULD handle your info maybe incorrect, but Facebook also was mentioned as other social media that those apps know a LOT of your details. Also, I’ve never had or still have any problems with playing movies and streaming.

Manny Araujo

Care where you get them from

Tim Turner

A couple of things. First off if your monitor has no camera attached to it no way video monitoring can take place. Second thought, use of a VPN will ensure that your data will NOT be intercepted

David Reelgreen
    Ken Rooney

Here is what i do… I sell alot of H96 Q box and a few others

I factory reset each one. I have a custom image that i load on these. I can even Mac clone these so that they are undetectable by your isp. All the isp sees is a Samsung cell phone. Its insane to just plug and play with these boxes… These boxes are great to build out

Dem Raja

Never buy boxes from China due to poor cheap electronics . And certainly not preinstallwd with apps.

Ashe Thaver

What are the best apps to stream movies?

Kevin Brown

Do what some of us do re-flash with more trusted firmware there’s a number of trusted developers on freektab who have developed universal firmware for some of the newer amlogic cpu so s905/w/x/s912/s922 and android tv OS is a better TV UI then mobile OS that they come from China with. It’s not hard to do but you will need a pc.
    You will lose any guarantee that the box comes with but let’s have it right it’s not like any guarantee is worth the paper it’s written on

Dem Raja

i have the new NVIDA Shelid pro, expensive but dosea good job wit a bit of tweeking ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.